Job family summary: Mindbody’s Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence is poised to lead predictive analytics in the Enterprise Fitness, Wellness & Beauty industries with its unique suite of products enhanced by Machine Learning and AI. Our goal is to enable completely data-driven, automated smart analytics in Mindbody products using ML, AI and Deep Learning to enrich our customers' existing apps and workloads for a more efficient and productive Fitness, Wellness & Beauty provider ecosystem. We are looking for a Data Scientist to contribute, help define and ship our Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) products enabling data driven decision making via advanced Machine Learning, Micro-services Apps and AI, backed by thousands of customers and multiple millions of consumers data. Job summary: As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will provide strong algorithm and coding execution and delivery of Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning) core engines focused on Mindbody Payer/Provider datasets. Working as a part of the product team, this Machine Learning Engineer will translate business needs into advanced analytics and machine learning models. The successful candidate will be responsible for model selection and identification of appropriate training data sets; building, training, and evaluating models; and delivering results to the business (SaaS Web Apps as stand-alone products or integrated with existing Mindbody Apps) on a regular cadence. This role is part of a fully Agile Scrum team, so the Machine Learning Engineer will work alongside a product owner, technical lead, and team of software developers and data engineers to support delivery of high-value analytics, ML, AI and software products for Fitness, Wellness & Beauty Vendor Partners worldwide. Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- 2-4 years of experience in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
- M. S. or Ph. D. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied.
- Sciences, Statistics or job-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- M. S. and job-related experience, OR Doctorate Degree and job-related experience.
- PhD in computer science, math or a related field (Physics, natural sciences, mathematics).
- Experience with Python, R, Scala, SQL and one of the advanced Deep Learning, RL or AI libs like TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Experience developing solutions with Pandas/Scikit-learn, Spark or comparable technologies.
- Experience Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence notebooks (Jupyter, Zeppelin or other).
- Experience with AWS, Azure, cloud computing technologies.
- Passion for proactive health and wellness, beauty and fitness missions.
- Experience designing efficient Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence workflows and database architecture.
- Experience with forecasting, Bayesian networks, and graph analytics.
- Strong statistics training and experience.
- Experience with software development methodologies and software engineering principles.
- Knowledge of program management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level.
- Knowledge of relevant programming languages - for example R, python, C++, C, SQL, Java – as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, and procedures used for production and design of technology-based equipment and systems as needed to perform at the job level.
- Knowledge of statistical theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and analyses as needed to perform at the job level.
- Ability to develop reports, models, and simulations as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Provides hands-on execution and implementation of Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence models.
- Works under general supervision to identify and analyze problems.
- Weighs relevance and accuracy of information.
- Upholds the company values and culture.
- Learns to use professional, fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the artificial intelligence and machine learning discipline.
- Learns and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Uses data to support own point of view when interacting with the team.
- Provides information, analysis and recommendations in support of the machine learning team.
- Takes actions that are consistent with goals and objectives.
- Translates business analysis needs into well-defined machine learning problems, and selecting appropriate models and algorithms.
- Communicates model evaluation, process, assumptions, and implications of results back to a variety of stakeholders.
- Recognizes and prioritizes the most important work related to machine learning models to achieve highest operational impact for analytics in the business.
- Balances tradeoffs among analytics value, model development methods and design and technologies used to implement machine learning models with a bias toward action.
- Performs collaborative work on machine learning problems and mentor junior data scientists.
- Creates shared process models to effectively articulate multiple views of the business solutions that support technical architecture for Big Data platform implementation of stabilized Machine Learning core.
- Helps manage development of quantitative models and tools, and leads shipping of core modules.
- Collaborates with leaders, customers and business partners to work on projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work environment and physical demands:
- Moderate travel to conferences, ML & AI forums and customer meetings as needed.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary, will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Scope of supervision/authority: Individual Contributor: Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.