About the right team member
You love leading teams responsible for the engine that ignites users’ excitement about ClassPass and brings them onto our platform. You care deeply about the members of your team, and truly want to help them grow. You also care about making an impact and helping your team succeed. You love to be experiment-driven and data-oriented, while still able to guide the team towards a longer term technical vision. You enjoy getting into the thick of technical problems, and use your technical background to help the team pick the right solutions that are built to last. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration and you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience.
At ClassPass we value people who are intellectually curious, who are pragmatic not dogmatic, and people who care about our product, their teammates, and their own personal growth. We are faced with an interesting set of technical challenges and we believe in giving our engineers the autonomy to go and solve them. Much of our team comes from non-traditional computing backgrounds; we know that by bringing together a diverse set of voices we’ll be able to build a better product, and a better company. We care less about what languages or frameworks you know, and care more that you are excited to work with highly impactful teams and be constantly learning. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams that are focused on impact, and movement between teams is encouraged. We work very closely with our brilliant product team to deliver a world class user experience, and ultimately to empower our users to live their fullest, healthiest lives.
- Be a part of the engineering leadership team, and help define the technical strategy for your team that is aligned with the broader strategy at ClassPass
- Work closely with your Product Manager and key stakeholders to find the right problems to solve and the right way to solve them.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation and deployment of our product
- Comfortable managing and building remote / partially remote teams
- Guide our longer-term technical vision to help us build a scalable and maintainable platform
- Be technically engaged in the design and implementation of projects with your team
- Work closely with the entire engineering team and your stakeholders to deliver appropriate technical solutions on time
- Grow and manage the performance of the people on your team by providing them with thoughtful feedback and technical mentorship
- Seek different perspectives, and solicit honest feedback
- Take delight in delighting our users
- Care about our studio partners and want to help them grow their business
Nice to Have
- Experience with Kotlin/Java, mobile development, or modern SPA development
- Excited to work on a team where impact comes first, and quantifiable wins are shared throughout the organization
- Understand reliability and microservice monitoring best practices
- Prior experience with acquisition-focused teams
- Love fitness!
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Even if you don’t think you “check every box” on the job description, we encourage you to apply. We value growth and learning over perfection, any day. Or perhaps now is not the right time? We get it - timing is everything and we’re all managing through a lot in the world right now. The door is always open, so feel free to reach out to connect about future opportunities when it best makes sense for you.
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things – and hard conversations – when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where everyone feels safe bringing their authentic selves to work. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.