Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries & territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning for us. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day, balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed & individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with our technology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
Follow our careers page here -https://mindbodyonline.com/careers
JOB SUMMARY –
The Manager, Software Engineering for Development Teams will be responsible for mentoring software engineers within their technical guild to develop their coding, adopt best practices, performance, documentation problem-solving solving abilities in addition to contributing to our code base(s). The Development Manager is also responsible for their direct reports training, providing necessary software and hardware tools, yearly reviews, conducting one-on-ones, career development, and coaching. Above all, the Development Manager should uphold the team’s mission: to serve MINDBODY Marketing and support its vision by providing data-driven insights and technical expertise.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise a team of 4-8 team members
- Actively contribute code to projects
- Communicate technical expertise, stay current and communicate best practices within their technical discipline
- Mentors Software Engineers on best practices within their technical guild
- Manages overall code quality of Software Engineers on assigned guild(s)
- Ensures Software Engineers on assigned guilds are meeting performance and quality standards
- Provides timely feedback regarding addressing bugs, code quality, and performance issues
- Collaborates with the other Software Managers and the Director of Software Engineering to create and evaluate department-wide process improvements and initiatives
- Identifies and provides direction to support team members to modify behavior that could be adversely impacting group effectiveness and productivity
- Proactively facilitates schedules, procures, and technical training for teams and individuals
- Facilitates positive change in direct reports, department culture, and product development values
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability
- Responsible for new hire training and smooth transition into teams
- Schedules and attends one-on-ones with direct reports, with regularity determined by the expressed needs of direct reports
- Schedules, leads, and prepares content for regular performance discussions for direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading technical employees
- 7+ years of hands-on experience as a web development engineer preferably in Microsoft Technologies
- Expertise on the Microsoft technology stack (.NET MVC , Web API, SQL Server)
- 7+ years of experience managing a back-end development team
- Experience developing products for global markets
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment
- A strong passion for bringing useful, useable and highly desirable user experiences to life
- A strong passion for consciously evolving
- A strong passion for serving the customer
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
- Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
- This role has a broad decision making authority within the scope of assignment
- This position requires self-direction and continuous evaluation of priorities to ensure completion by deadlines
- All decisions and consulting will reflect adherence with internal policies and state and federal law
- This position plays a key role in recruiting, supervising, evaluating, mentoring and if necessary, dismissing team members
- Although this role can operate successfully with little direct supervision, all operational changes particularly those relating to job function changes, raises, service level goals, and anything budget related must be agreed upon by the department Executive