- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation and deployment of our product
- Build reusable and scalable UI components, and connect them to our backend systems
- Understand the pros and cons of different testing methodologies and how to apply them across a codebase
- Write clear and concise technical design documents and gather feedback from your team and the broader engineering organization
- Have working knowledge of Java, Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Provide leadership and mentorship for junior engineers through code reviews and technical discussions
- Seek different perspectives, and solicit honest feedback
- Take delight in delighting our users
- Care about our studio partners and want to help them grow their business
- Track record of shipping successful Android apps to the Play Store
- Proficient in RxJava/RxKotlin
- Experience with React Native
- Love fitness!
About the right team member
You love to build robust and user friendly Android apps. You know how to separate concerns between the different layers of a mobile codebase, from the user interface components right down to the model layer. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration and you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience. You seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
At ClassPass we value people who are intellectually curious, who are pragmatic not dogmatic, and people who care about our product, their teammates, and their own personal growth. We are faced with an interesting set of technical challenges and we believe in giving our engineers the autonomy to go and solve them. Much of our team come from non-traditional computing backgrounds; we know that by bringing together a diverse set of voices we’ll be able to build a better product, and a better company. We care less about what languages or frameworks you know, and care more that you are excited to produce high-quality code and be constantly learning. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams that are focused on impact, and movement between teams is encouraged. We work very closely with our brilliant product team to deliver a world class user experience, and ultimately to empower our users to live their fullest, healthiest lives.
Nice to Have
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Even if you don’t think you “check every box” on the job description, we encourage you to apply. We value growth and learning over perfection, any day. Or perhaps now is not the right time? We get it - timing is everything and we’re all managing through a lot in the world right now. The door is always open, so feel free to reach out to connect about future opportunities when it best makes sense for you.
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30+ countries around the globe and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.