Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries & territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning for us. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day, balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed & individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with our technology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
Follow our careers page here -https://mindbodyonline.com/careers
JOB SUMMARY: Software Engineering team works in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineering is responsible for their own code and bugs. They interface with product owners, managers, customer support and services.
The Principal Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Demonstrate technical leadership across different scrum teams, help in evaluating and implementing new technologies, tools. Contribute in improving the SDLC process and quality standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 9-12 years’ of industry experience in programming web applications, mobile and/or large scale enterprise products
- Strong experience with SOLID and programming design patterns
- Strong experience of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, .Net Core
- Experience with Web API/ Rest API & cloud AWS is a must
- Experience with XML, ADO/ADO.NET, LINQ, AJAX, IIS
- Extended experience with SQL, relational and non-relational databases like MongoDb, DynamoDb
- Experience in GIT/AWS DevOps.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge on UI technologies like Angular/React/AmberJS will strongly preferred.
- Skilled at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Conducts systems analysis and makes recommendations to improve the system to achieve an outcome.
- Promotes internal best practices and coding conventions to write and execute tests for your own code, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Contributes to Technical Requirements Documents.
- Requests constructive feedback for designs early in the process.
- Communicates successfully with large teams and many stakeholders.
- Provides mentorship for Software Engineers and participates in interview panels to hire new Software Engineers.
- Assists in removing obstacles for the team to yield successful sprints.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Ability to decompose and delegate work to junior engineers.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Works effectively with multiple projects and features.
- All other duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
- Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
- You will be responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers
- You will receive training and guidance from manager as needed
- Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position
- There is no direct management responsibility for the position
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- You will need dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet