Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the right team member
We are seeking a Senior People and Culture Business Partner, experienced working globally across different timezones and working directly with Senior Leaders.
About the role
The Senior People & Culture (P&C) Business Partner is responsible for proactively consulting with company leaders to enable innovative people solutions through broad organization advocacy, deep Human Resources expertise and business acumen. This role is accountable for promoting, communicating and implementing P&C strategies and initiatives. The Senior P&C Business Partner builds and maintains influential relationships by being a strategic partner with Executive leaders with the ability to effectively influence a high‐performance culture, while also being an employee advocate. Also provides guidance on employment law and best people practices.
Their HR knowledge is sought out by all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to assess current state while strategically thinking forward and considering potential outcomes. This role is able to successfully adapt communication and discussion to appeal to the specific interest, need and level of the audience.
- Consult with assigned business leaders to understand business strategy/drivers and identify corresponding P&C capabilities required to achieve strategic and operational priorities
- Pro-actively coordinate with peers within P&C to ensure consistency and minimize duplication of work while harnessing collective efforts to improve P&C processes
- Accountable for working with senior leadership to create comprehensive workforce plans that can continually evolve based on the needs of the business
- Proactively partner with leaders to address people related matters including performance management, people development, and how to lead teams
- Provide input and implement appropriate pieces of P&C driven initiatives and programs
- Provide knowledge and guidance in the following areas: workforce strategies, global talent management, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, people and team planning and employee relations
- Partner with Learning & Development to work on value‐added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance; may be called upon to conduct training
- Leverage appropriate subject matter experts in various P&C functions as well as other functional areas of the business to enhance processes, systems, and ensure best possible outcomes
- Identify and develop innovative HR solutions and process improvement
Skills & experience
- Strong knowledge of country-specific HR practices, including but not limited to employment terms and conditions, annual leave policies, pension requirements, and immigration rules for the regions of EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
- Experienced as a P&C (HR) professional in multi‐discipline environment; experience working across different departments and working directly with Senior Leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Human Resources certification preferred (such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM‐CP or SHRM‐SCP or International equivalent)
- Proven success working in a fast‐paced growing company is preferred; experience working at a technology company is a plus
- Experience supporting and leading projects in cross-functional teams, working with team members in and outside of P&C
- Experience and competence in leading, influencing and coaching others in the absence of direct reporting relationships
- Experience in organization design, management development, employee engagement, risk mitigation and performance management
- Experience supporting globally distributed teams
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of federal, multi‐state and applicable case law and regulations
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in developing and facilitating presentations on various topics, including presenting to Executives in client groups
- A strong sense of accountability, ownership and pride in work performed. Self‐managing, results oriented, and capable of managing projects and tasks in a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge with HR Technologies (i.e., ATS, HCM, employee engagement tools, etc.)
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.