Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the right team member
Develop and build scalable, reliable, and secure cloud infrastructure. Automate software deployment processes and maintain related tools. Improve customer experience by monitoring application performance, releasing incremental updates and proactively correcting operational issues. Work closely with application development teams to continuously evolve developer experience.
About the role
The Manager, Platform Engineering leads a high-performance team of technology professionals who are passionate about technology and proud of the service they provide to the global wellness community. This role is responsible for continued leadership and direction of the ClassPass Cloud Services offerings and its evolution as part of the cloud strategic technology transformation initiatives. The pursuit of continuous improvement, a modernized technology stack, efficient, elastic hybrid-cloud services, and motivating an agile culture are some of the challenges ahead in achieving scalability.
Skills & experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading/managing enterprise level technology projects.
- 3+ years of experience in leading/managing cloud-based technologies (PaaS, IaaS, Cloud Infrastructure Services).
- Experience leading transformation and transition of IT organizations from the classic data center to open cloud service.
- Previous experience working with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swam).
- Strong understanding of scripting languages (TypeScript, PowerShell, Python, Perl).
- Experience in establishing architecture and best practices in a large-scale distributed system environment.
- Experience building and delivering large scale Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Proficient in platform design, architecture & administration and use of CLI tools.
- Proficient in Git and similar repository management.
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi).
- Knowledge of networking (e.g. DNS, VLANs).
- Familiar with Linux, microservice & emerging cloud resource monitoring and performance analysis tools.
- Familiar with database concepts and SQL.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute.
- Strong technical background in Cloud Infrastructure, with previous experience as a high performing individual contributor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership for managing transformation to cloud technologies and communicate cloud feature adoption through strategic roadmaps.
- Develop DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition new Cloud Services into production.
- Create a framework for onboarding and launch a partnership program with the cloud service provider that includes technology and architecture collaboration, requirement setting, and support for early adopter teams.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing Cloud costs.
- Ensure existing and all future Cloud services are highly available, scalable and secure.
- Work with architects and software engineering leadership to develop and promote the adoption of large-scale cloud services, architecture, and standards.
- Provide support services and training to product development teams to aid their consumption of cloud services and ensure adherence to best practices and standards.
- Create and continuously improve new and streamlined management processes based on the new practices and patterns needed for cloud-based services delivery.
- Manage a team that assists development groups in the accelerated adoption of cloud technologies and associated CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a concise, and persuasive manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
It is Mindbody’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $117,300 to $176,000. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.