Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the right team member
The Contracts Manager supports all aspects of contracting at Mindbody globally as part of our Legal Team, working closely with Legal Operations, Attorneys and business partners on a wide variety ofcommercial matters. The position is responsible for managing and improving our contracting processes across the board, including managing our contract lifecycle management platform, preparing andmaintaining contract templates and libraries, and assisting with the preparation and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements across the Company.
About the role
- Manage, expand and improve our contract lifecycle management system and processes, ensuring teams are supported with the templates and workflows they need, and all contracts are organized,stored and tagged effectively. Interface with IT, Finance, Procurement, Sales, Revenue Operations and relevant departments for same. Lead all operational work streams related to our CLM tool
- Improve contract processes and procedures to increase quality, accuracy and efficiency through updating user manuals and resources, preparing and maintaining playbooks and clause libraries, andfacilitating platform training
- Provide guidance to various business teams on contract processes and provide basic technical and non-technical support for our users
- Assist our attorneys with agreement drafting, preparing redlines, managing templates, and negotiating basic legal documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, customer order forms, release forms, marketing and partner agreements, as well as other document types
- Provide support to senior members of legal team on a variety of commercial transactions and research, provide actionable answers on relevant issues to help finalize transactions and other commercial related company policies
- Manage discrete Legal Projects, both operational and functional, including owning project plans and completion
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & experience
- 4-8 years of contract management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive, confidential material discreetly
- Experience in an in-house legal environment strongly preferred
- Versatile multi-tasker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment working on time-sensitive matters
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with accuracy and attention to detail
- Curious; open to and seeks to learn new things
- Exercises good judgment and works proactively and independently
- Process-oriented, able to identify gaps, draft new templates, establish guidelines/playbooks for business partners to ease load of contracts coming to legal and timing
- Experience with developing self-help tools, training materials and other contract related content for consumption by stakeholders within the business
- Experience with managing and improving a contracts lifecycle management and database tool, including managing contract metadata, clause libraries, and reporting functionality
- Experience with the full-life cycle of contract management, including drafting and negotiation, approval, execution, renewal, or termination, preparing amendments, and generating contract status reports and dashboards
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including teammates and business team members across the company as well as with outside vendors, consultants, and outside counsel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated high proficiency for correct spelling, grammar, tone and syntax
- Takes initiative to get tasks done, proactively tracks status of projects and solves problems to keep projects moving forward
- Experience working with DocuSign, Salesforce and document management systems preferred
- Project management experience a plus
It is Mindbody’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $69,800 to $83,800. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.