Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the right team member
- Thrives in the sweet spot between business acumen and technical data prowess. In this role you’ll need to be able to work with business end users to understand their reporting needs, as well as interface with the engineers who provide technical support to our analytics database.
- Loves to get in the weeds of data, and strives to develop detailed expertise on where data comes from, how it’s structured, and where sneaky edge cases might be hiding. You’ll need to be willing to “get your hands dirty” in the data, as you’ll be the one writing and updating the SQL logic for our major fact tables.
- Has strong business instincts and judgment. Your job is ultimately to oversee a data model that can be easily used to drive business insights; as such, the ideal candidate will be able to develop a strong command of our business and will understand the reporting implications of data model design.
- Has a strong command of data visualization. In addition to managing underlying source data you’ll also be responsible for building reports and dashboards that allow for the quick distillation of the most critical insights.
- Is a structured, logical thinker who is comfortable designing and executing the transformation of occasionally messy source data into robust and usable datasets.
- Is self-driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment. We’re a high-growth company that’s constantly iterating on our product and releasing new features and policies for our users; it’ll be your job to remain on the forefront of understanding all of these changes and what they mean for our data.
About the role
- Work cross-functionally with our Partner Development, Customer Experience, and other departments to develop processes, data models, and reports to improve efficiency
- Write, QA and maintain/update SQL logic underpinning major data tables of our analytics database, which powers all business analytics and financial reporting at the company
- Manage configuration of Salesforce & Zendesk data streams and metrics definitions
- Architect and build efficient business data models, optimize technical performance of database, and troubleshoot issues
- Utilize BI tools to create and manage reports, dashboards, and data sources that are critical for deriving insights on the business
- Develop reporting standards and best practices to ensure data and key metric standardization across the company
Skills & experience
- Experience in Business Intelligence or similar role that involves data modeling and/or SQL-based data transformation and analytics
- Advanced SQL skills required (experience with PostgreSQL a plus), something like 20% of your current role should be in SQL
- Experience developing data models and databases at a nascent or rapidly scaling business
- Experience using BI Tools required (Looker and/or Tableau a plus)
- Must have interest in business-side implications of work; need to stay abreast of what’s going on with the business and feel comfortable with collaborating with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their data needs
- Experience with Salesforce and its database structure a plus
- Experience with Zendesk and its database structure a plus
- Familiarity with Athena/S3 databases, BigQuery, and ETL pipelines a plus
- Comfort and fluency working with command line a plus
- Experience with subscription economics a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.