Senior Software Engineer- iOS
Engineering | Remote - India
Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the role
Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints
· Breaks down complex projects, makes implementation design decisions around new feature components and delegates work to junior engineers
· Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge level of effort
· Collaborates with Engineering Managers and Mobile Architects on engineering design and implementation
· Brainstorms with Product Managers and designers to conceptualize and estimate new features
· Collaborates with backend engineers to efficiently build out new API for mobile apps
· Promotes internal best practices and coding conventions to write and execute tests for your own code, including creating comprehensive unit tests
· Takes an active interest in mobile application quality
· Identifies and pragmatically addresses technical debt
· Requests constructive feedback for designs early in the process
· Communicates successfully with large teams and various personalities
· Provides mentorship for Software Engineers and participates in interview panels to hire new Software Engineers
· Assists in removing obstacles for the team to yield successful sprints
· Monitors health of app releases and responds to any mobile escalations
· Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase
· Ensures designs and projects created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable
· Occasional on-call duty rotation to respond to after-hours mobile incidents
· Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Works effectively with multiple projects
· All other duties as assigned
Skills & experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of industry experience in developing mobile applications, web and/or large-scale enterprise products
· Mobile Development Experience: Swift, Objective-C, and Xcode
· Familiarity with Apple Human Interface Guidelines
· Experience with standard mobile architectures (MVC, MVVM, MVP, etc)
· Ability to effectively apply software design patterns and architectural principles
· Knowledgeable in building complex user interfaces
· Experience in server side programming is must
· Experience with software development processes (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc)
· Experience with app code signing, archiving, and deploying
· Familiar with git branching strategies and semantic versioning
· Knowledge of mobile continuous integration best practices and tooling
· Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks
· Uses time effectively and efficiently
· Quickly learns new technologies
· Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
· Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
· Ability to train and mentor fellow team members
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $XX to $XX. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.
California Applicants Privacy Notice | UK/EU Applicants Privacy Notice