Senior Platform Engineer
Engineering | Remote - United States
Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the right team member
Develop and build scalable, reliable, and secure cloud infrastructure. Automate software deployment processes and maintain related tools. Improve customer experience by monitoring application performance, releasing incremental updates and proactively correcting operational issues. Work closely with application development teams to continuously evolve developer experience.
About the role
The Senior Platform Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of cloud infrastructure to support scalable and maintainable software platforms. The engineer improves communication and collaboration to enable rapid product development by serving as liaison between development and operations teams. Job responsibilities include cloud infrastructure architecture and design, deploying infrastructure via code, assisting developers with troubleshooting cloud-based workloads, and building tools to improve developer velocity.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree, technical certification or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of industry experience with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- 3-5 years of industry experience managing distributed systems in a virtualized or public cloud environment.
- Advanced understanding of cloud infrastructure services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Advanced understanding of container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure-as-code concepts and tools (Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation).
- Advanced understanding of continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Ability to function with ambiguity to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads complex projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
- Reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels and creates technical design specifications.
- Provide feedback to junior employees by participating in code reviews.
- Admits mistakes and attempts to achieve the best outcome in the situation.
- Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of operating environments.
- Builds automated deployments using infrastructure-as-code technology.
- Sets up and maintains test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Ensures the adherence to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Uses best practices to improve services for customers.
- Encourages the open exchange of ideas.
- Customizes and adapts communication and discussion to appeal to the specific interest, need and level of our customers.
- Participate in On-call responsibilities as needed, sometimes serving as an escalation point for junior staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
It is Mindbody’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $102,000 to $163,000. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.
California Applicants Privacy Notice | UK/EU Applicants Privacy Notice