Senior Backend Engineer
Mindbody | Engineering | Full-time, Exempt | Remote - Argentina
We're revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
About the right team member
You love to design robust and easy to use APIs and services. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration and you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience. You seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You like to ship software early and often; you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
At ClassPass we value people who are intellectually curious, who are pragmatic not dogmatic, and people who care about our product, their teammates, and their own personal growth. We are faced with an interesting set of technical challenges, and we believe in giving our engineers the autonomy to go and solve them. Much of our team comes from non-traditional computing backgrounds; we know that by bringing together a diverse set of voices we’ll be able to build a better product, and a better company. We care less about what languages or frameworks you know, and care more that you are excited to produce high-quality code and be constantly learning. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams that are focused on impact, and movement between teams is encouraged. We work very closely with our brilliant product team to deliver a world class user experience, and ultimately to empower our users to live their fullest, healthiest lives.
About the role
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation and deployment of our product.
- Build and maintain backend systems and applications.
- Seek different perspectives and solicit honest feedback.
- Practice engineering best practices (e.g., automated testing, code reviews, proper monitoring).
- Take delight in delighting our users.
- Care about our studio partners and want to help them grow their business
Skills & experience
- Experience building highly performant and high-quality backends. We use Kotlin, Python, C#, and Ruby in our stack but we're most interested in your experience building great systems.
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- An eye for creating great, accessible user experiences.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.
California Applicants Privacy Notice | UK/EU Applicants Privacy Notice