We're revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
About the right team member
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytically-driven, strategic Lead Revenue Accountant to join our Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day functions Revenue Accounting serves as part of a broader team. You will be a key contributor in the financial statement close process where timeliness and accuracy are crucial. Additionally, you will work closely with the Finance Team, as well as cross-functionally with the Business Intelligence and FP&A teams, to ensure all reporting, operational processes, and ad hoc projects are completed efficiently and in accordance with US GAAP. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a comprehensive understanding of US GAAP, sound business judgment as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, effective communicator and has an eye for details.
About the role
- Manage critical accounting processes including but not limited to revenue recognition and application of ASC 606, monthly close and projections
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in accounting for revenue, deferred revenue, and other accounting areas managed by the revenue accounting team
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and other analysis as requested
- Partner with various departments to ensure that new arrangements, projects or partnerships maintain compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and achieve the best interests of the Company
- Research, provide guidance on accounting topics and assist the Finance team with other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Prepare various schedules and supporting documentation for the external auditors during the annual audit
- Ensure proper business controls are in place and assist in the implementation of new controls and procedures when necessary
- Assist in the development of company policies and monitor adherence to existing Company policies and procedures
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
Skills & experience
- Senior accounting experience (ideally a mix of Big 4 and public company experience)
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of the U.S. GAAP, SOX 404
- A hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and proactive. Must have a strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge of ERP tools and best practices
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CPA is a plus but not required
- SQL experience is a plus but not required
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.