We're revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
We’re a committed team of legal professionals who serve as trusted advisors, providing comprehensive legal support to ensure compliance, mitigate risk, and drive business objectives. We also play a vital role in shaping ethical company policies and initiatives. With a deep understanding of the technology industry and its unique legal challenges, our team combines legal expertise with a forward-thinking mindset.
About the right team member
The Contracts Manager supports all aspects of contracting at Mindbody globally as part of our Legal Team, working closely with Legal Operations, Attorneys and business partners on a wide variety of commercial matters. The position is responsible for managing and improving our contracting processes across the board, including managing our contract lifecycle management platform, preparing and maintaining contract templates and libraries, and assisting with the preparation and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements across the Company.
*You must submit your resume/cv in English to be considered for this role
About the role
- Manage, expand and improve our contract lifecycle management system and processes, ensuring teams are supported with the templates and workflows they need, and all contracts are organized, stored and tagged effectively.
- Interface with IT, Finance, Procurement, Sales, Revenue Operations and relevant departments for same. Lead all operational work streams related to our CLM tool.
- Improve contract processes and procedures to increase quality, accuracy and efficiency through updating user manuals and resources, preparing and maintaining playbooks and clause libraries, and facilitating platform training.
- Provide guidance to various business teams on contract processes and provide basic technical and non-technical support for our users.
- Assist our attorneys with agreement drafting, preparing redlines, managing templates, and negotiating basic legal documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, customer order forms, release forms, marketing and partner agreements, as well as other document types.
- Provide support to senior members of legal team on a variety of commercial transactions and research, provide actionable answers on relevant issues to help finalize transactions and other commercial related company policies.
- Manage discrete Legal Projects, both operational and functional, including owning project plans and completion.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & experience
- 4-8 years of contract management experience.
- Strong English proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive, confidential material discreetly.
- Experience in an in-house legal environment strongly preferred.
- Versatile multi-tasker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment working on time-sensitive matters.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Curious; open to and seeks to learn new things.
- Exercises good judgment and works proactively and independently.
- Process-oriented, able to identify gaps, draft new templates, establish guidelines/playbooks for business partners to ease load of contracts coming to legal and timing.
- Experience with developing self-help tools, training materials and other contract related content for consumption by stakeholders within the business.
- Experience with managing and improving a contracts lifecycle management and database tool, including managing contract metadata, clause libraries, and reporting functionality.
- Experience with the full-life cycle of contract management, including drafting and negotiation, approval, execution, renewal, or termination, preparing amendments, and generating contract status reports and dashboards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including teammates and business team members across the company as well as with outside vendors, consultants, and outside counsel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated high proficiency for correct spelling, grammar, tone and syntax.
- Takes initiative to get tasks done, proactively tracks status of projects and solves problems to keep projects moving forward.
- Experience working with DocuSign, Salesforce and document management systems preferred.
- Project management experience a plus.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.