We're revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
Collaboration is the core of our Product, Design, and Research teams. We partner with Engineering to develop seamless, efficient, best-in-class products that power the Mindbody platform. We help our customers run and scale their businesses at every interaction, from scheduling to point of sale to client booking and more. We innovate so our customers can grow.
About the right team member
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Product Manager to help define and execute the product strategy for the Machine Learning team at ClassPass.
This may be the role for you if...
- You enjoy developing ML infrastructure and driving applications of machine learning
- You're leaned into new and evolving opportunities to leverage ML and AI
- You proactively suggest applications for new technology and have a deep understanding of how ML/AI can enhance the business
- You’re excited about defining and executing against a high-impact roadmap, contributing to new and existing data products, and partnering closely with engineering & the business
- You identify and prioritize work that yields high ROI for the company and you are capable of making hard trade-offs
- You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration, and you’re looking for the right opportunity & the right team to expand your experience
- You consistently seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work
- You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
About the role
- Oversee the product roadmap for the Machine Learning team, identifying high impact opportunities for the business, consumers and partners
- Work effectively and collaboratively with engineers, data scientists and other product owners to define, implement and iterate on new and existing data products
- Develop a deep understanding of the data to assess the performance of existing data products and to inform new data product opportunities
- Identify and recommend success metrics and/or key results related to your business objective that enable meaningful ways to measure progress
- Understand reliability and performance, and proactively find and address issues to manage data at scale
- Communicate user problems, business opportunities, team roadmaps, on-going updates, and project/OKR results clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences (e.g., executive stakeholders, product team, people with and without technical expertise)
- Manage complex rollouts, including coordinating QA, and working closely with cross-functional partners (e.g., CS, Sales, Engineering).
Skills & experience
- You are a seasoned product manager with a track record of defining and delivering impactful applications of machine learning within a consumer product
- You have deep knowledge about how data products are developed and a desire to deeply understand data
- You are analytically savvy. You define, query, and interpret your own data.
- You have experience with some standard machine learning tools: Amazon SageMaker, Flink, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano, HDFS, Hive, or Athena
- You have a proven track record as a strong communicator, influencer, and cross-functional partner. You collaborate well with cross-functional partners and data scientists within the org
- You have strong product intuition based on experience but reinforce this through a deep understanding of user feedback and analytical data
- You’re experienced with an agile discovery and development process and working collaboratively in full stack product teams
- You have at least 4 years of experience in product management
- You have 2+ years of experience as a PM supporting machine learning, data engineering, deep learning, search, natural language processing, data science, or computer vision.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.