Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries & territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning for us. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day, balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed & individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with our technology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
Follow our careers page here -https://mindbodyonline.com/careers
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Engineering team works in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineering is responsible for their own code and bugs. They interface with product owners, managers, customer support and services.
The Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable. Act with Integrity and Professionalism should be able to communicate openly with the respective stake holder and ask for guidance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ of industry experience in programming web applications, mobile and/or large-scale enterprise products
- Good understanding of C#, ASP, .NET,.NET Core, MVC, SQL and relational databases
- Experience in TFS and Visual Studio.
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Shows sense of ownership and accountability.
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops high-quality code for features and bugs tasked by senior software engineers.
- Regularly collaborates with other developers to evaluate work for technical feasibility.
- Reviews new feature impact on an application and recognize potential risks.
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers.
- Writes and executes tests for your own code, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Adheres to internal best practices and coding conventions.
- Contributes actively in effort estimations.
- Focuses on knowledge and expertise attainment.
- Deliver assigned task with high quality and under minimum supervision.
- All other duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
- Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
- You will be responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers
- You will receive training and guidance from manager as needed
- Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position
- There is no direct management responsibility for the position
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- You will need dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet