Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries & territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning for us. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day, balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed & individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with our technology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
Follow our careers page here - https://mindbodyonline.com/careers
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Engineering team works in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineering is responsible for their own code and bugs. They interface with product owners, managers, customer support and services.
The Senior Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Demonstrate technical leadership, mentor junior team members, contribute in effort estimation and identify hardware needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of industry experience in programming web applications, mobile and/or large-scale enterprise products.
- Knowledge of C#, ASP, .NET, MVC.
- Experience with XML, ADO/ADO.NET, LINQ, AJAX, IIS.
- Hands-on experience with SQL, relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience in TFS and Visual Studio.
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks.
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Effective time management skills.
- Knowledge on UI technologies will be plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints.
- Makes implementation design decisions around new feature components.
- Produces contingency plans for critical projects.
- Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge level of effort.
- Breaks down complex projects and delegates work to junior engineers.
- Carefully analyzes design specifications before coding to understand effort levels required.
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers.
- Writes and executes tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies.
- Ensures designs and projects created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable.
- Perform required collaboration with different stake holder like architects, product management etc.
- May be expected to perform the role of Technical Scrum Master for scrum team
- All other duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
- Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
- You will be responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers
- You will receive training and guidance from manager as needed
- Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position
- There is no direct management responsibility for the position
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- You will need dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet