Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries & territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning for us. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day, balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed & individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with our technology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
Follow our careers page here -https://mindbodyonline.com/careers
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Engineering team works in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineering is responsible for their own code and bugs. They interface with product owners, managers, customer support and services.
The Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable. Act with Integrity and Professionalism should be able to communicate openly with the respective stake holder and ask for guidance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience with Kotlin or Java
- Experience in API Development and Relational database systems
- Working knowledge of JVM web frameworks such as Dropwizard
- Understand reliability and microservice monitoring best practice
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Microservices and Distributed systems
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Conducts systems analysis and makes recommendations to improve the system to achieve an outcome.
- Promotes internal best practices and coding conventions to write and execute tests for your own code, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Contributes to Technical Requirements Documents.
- Communicates successfully with large teams and many stakeholders.
- Provides mentorship for Software Engineers and participates in interview panels to hire new Software Engineers.
- Assists in removing obstacles for the team to yield successful sprints.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Ability to decompose and delegate work to junior engineers.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- All other duties as assigned.