JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
The Payments team oversees the full commercial lifecycle of payments customers, being the in-house Payment subject matter experts to support our customers and team members. The Specialists have a wide range of responsibilities, including sales and onboarding, account management, data analysis and project-based activities.
The Senior Payments Specialist will support Mindbody’s Strategic Accounts, along with some support for SMB and Mid- Market. The Sr. Payments Specialist will 1) drive go-to-market function of payments by supporting and enabling the Sales team, analyzing customer’s credit card statements and providing pre-sale rate analysis; 2) Attach and onboard customers to payments; 3) Work closely with Customer Success and Account Management teams to manage portfolio of customers to drive Payments adoption/usage and optimize revenue, negotiating rates directly with customers; 4) Participate in and manage projects related to payments across the portfolio and/or at the brand level.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical field (business, math, economics) or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience in Payments, account management or analysis.
- Payments experience required.
- Strong analytical skills; can do basic math with high attention to detail.
- Experience working in a customer-facing capacity.
- Comfort with MS Excel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the subject-matter expert of Mindbody’s integrated payments solutions.
- Use Salesforce, Excel and PowerPoint on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain merchant loyalty and trust through effective communication, education and transparency; provide a delightful experience to all customers and team members.
- Support sales and renewals processes; enabling Sales and Account Management teams.
- Onboard new customers to appropriate payments solution.
- Initiate and deliver payments training to customers as needed.
- Negotiate rates directly with customers while maintaining pricing integrity.
- Conduct periodic data analysis and reviews on a customer, brand and/or portfolio level to ensure pricing integrity and find opportunities to optimize.
- Develop, support and manage key projects to support Mindbody’s payments strategy and customer’s payments needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.