JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Customer Support Specialist provides escalated support to MINDBODY customers by utilizing multiple methods of contact. This position is responsible for responding to any customer situation that the Customer Support Specialists cannot resolve on their own, or that has been assigned to them by management. The Senior Customer Support Specialist handles customer inquiries by gathering information through questioning through curiosity to identify the nature of the problem and troubleshoots potentially complex product-related issues in numerous areas of the product and business. Senior Customer Support Specialist are expected to work autonomously; handle a number of complex situations simultaneously; work cross departmentally to resolve issues; and work each situation through to resolution. Senior Customer Support Specialist can also perform all duties of the Customer Support Specialist.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
• Three (3) years of related customer service or call center experience, or one (1) year of Customer Support Specialist experience is preferred
• Thorough knowledge of MINDBODY's software products is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to handle a high call and email volume (inbound and outbound contacts); and comfortable with all communication methods including phone, email, and social media
• Ability to handle escalated and complex customer issues with confidence, patience, and professionalism
• Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with using, internet browsers, online chat tools, and email
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate in a clear and understandable manner
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen and allow others to speak without unnecessarily interrupting them. Working knowledge of a variety of questioning techniques to gain a full understanding of the customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to have a customer-service focused mindset and able to use information and feedback obtained to suggest improvements in products and services
• Demonstrated ability to quickly develop rapport and relate to diverse populations; and can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably
• Ability to interact with colleagues and customers in a tactful manner and recognizes the importance of building professional and positive working relationships Ability to promote our culture of collaboration in terms of learning and development to team members with the ability to mentor and coach Customer Support Associates and Customer Support Specialists
• Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and use time effectively and efficiently
• Training and Certifications: o Level 1 Customer Support Certification, or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of hire o Level 2 Customer Support Certification, or the ability to obtain within the first 6 months of hire o Job Coach Certification is preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Resolve basic and complex customer inquiries related to specialty areas of the service or products by gathering information to identify and assess the nature of the problem.
• Follow up and resolve customer callbacks and open cases.
• Troubleshoot complex product-related issues.
• Provide quality service to customers and that meets our customer expectations and in accordance with the department’s guidelines and procedures.
• Follow internal Knowledge Centered Support processes to accurately answer customer questions and to maintain knowledge bases.
• Assist with creating and publishing knowledge base articles, as needed.
• Use advanced product knowledge to educate customers on product features or additional services to meet their needs; assist them with gaining additional value and knowledge of the product and services.
• Document customer interactions and call related notes under the customer’s profile and in applicable systems.
• Advocate and communicate opportunities for development to management with a solution orientated mindset when issues or process changes are needed to support a better customer experience.
• Communicate all product change requests to our Quality Assurance and Development Teams as in line with current processes.
• All other duties as assigned.