We're revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
We’re a passionate engineering, platform, and operations team, developing and supporting ground-breaking products. Together, we’ll build for the future, creating more opportunities for wellness businesses around the world to help their customers lead full, healthy lives. We push ourselves and our company to always strive for this higher purpose, recognizing the power in working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where everyone feels safe bringing their authentic selves to work. And we believe that the secret to success is our people. Join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
The Arcus Infrastructure team is responsible for designing, building, and delivering Infrastructure-as-Code applications to developer teams across Mindbody + ClassPass. When it comes to building software and systems we value things like security, stability, scalability, ease of use, performance, and healthy teams. We help developer teams build faster and with higher quality. We create space for technical enhancement, automation, and community engagement.
You will be part of team working to design, implement, and operate cloud infrastructure that powers the Mindbody + ClassPass ecosystem. You will design and develop extensible, scalable Infrastructure-as-Code services enabling developer teams to deploy and operate production services that delight our customers. You will pursue continuous improvement to help Mindbody achieve its mission: Powering the world’s fitness and wellness businesses and connecting them with more consumers, more effectively, than anyone else.
You'll likely spend time working on
- Helping to lead the team’s production Kubernetes (AWS EKS) and CI/CD platform capabilities and optimizations at production scale.
- Designing, building and operating production software in AWS Cloud environments in service of developer enablement and customer-facing products.
- Leveraging languages, frameworks and tools such as Typescript, Golang, Kubernetes, Pulumi, Helm, Azure DevOps, and others.
- Building deep knowledge about AWS Services and communicating best practices to developer teams.
- Driving projects incrementally and iteratively through their lifecycle from product discovery to technical design to launch.
- Collaborating with a thoughtful, inclusive, engaged engineering team while growing your technical capabilities and your professional career.
- Contributing to strategic roadmaps and providing guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs benefits, and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
About the right team member
You are passionate about Infrastructure-as-Code, automation, and tooling as means to enable and continually improve the development experience and production environment. You have advanced hands-on experience building production systems at scale with cloud infrastructure services (AWS, GCP, or Azure). At Mindbody we value team members who are curious, practical, and open-minded, and who care about our product, their teammates, and their own personal growth. We are faced with an interesting set of technical challenges, and we believe in giving our engineers the freedom to create solutions based on their unique perspective. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams that are focused on cultivating collaboration and delivering impact. We work with our product teams to deliver a world class user experience, and to empower our users to live their fullest, healthiest lives.
You'll thrive in this role with experience in
- 6+ years of industry experience with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- 6+ years of industry experience managing distributed systems and operating systems in virtualized or public cloud environments.
- 2+ years hands-on experience building and operating Kubernetes systems in production environments and integrating tools from the Kubernetes ecosystem for a medium to large scale SaaS product with many deployments per day.
- An ability to identify, design and implement equivalents when building solutions capable of running in either Linux or Windows environments.
- Advanced understanding of Cloud offerings, configuration, resource management, and best practices, or eagerness and tenacity to dive deep and integrate learning.
- A strong understanding of continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices in containerized environments (Helm, Flagger, ArgoCD, or similar)
- Experience mentoring peer developers in software design, architecture, testing best practices and tools
- An ability to lead through ambiguity, drive high-impact project work, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Bonus if you have experience supporting containerized workloads in production on AWS (EKS or native Kubernetes a plus!)
- Bonus if you have a strong understanding of Observability practices and tooling (New Relic, Datadog, AWS CloudWatch, or similar).
Technologies you'll be working with
- Typescript, Golang, Powershell.
- Kubernetes ecosystem (Karpenter, Kyverno, Argo)
- Pulumi, Helm, Terraform
- CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, Flux, Flagger, ArgoCD)
- Istio, Jaeger
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Windows Systems
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.