We're revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
We’re a passionate engineering, platform, and operations team, developing and supporting ground-breaking products. Together, we’ll build for the future, creating more opportunities for wellness businesses around the world to help their customers lead full, healthy lives. We push ourselves and our company to always strive for this higher purpose, recognizing the power in working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where everyone feels safe bringing their authentic selves to work. And we believe that the secret to success is our people. Join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Engineering to lead and execute the technical strategy for our partner and inventory group. You’ll work closely with product and business leaders to guide thinking around foundational data models, integrations, operational tools and overall inventory quality to ensure high reliability and long-term maintainability.
Your mission will be twofold:
- to optimize the quality and quantity of inventory on ClassPass while helping our fitness and spa/salon partners grow their businesses.
- to build the right set of internal tools that enable us to operationally scale as the business grows.
You'll likely spend time working on
- Being a part of the engineering leadership team and drive the technical strategy for the organization.
- Guiding our longer-term technical vision to help us build a scalable and maintainable platform.
- Work with your direct managers to ensure teams are aligned and meeting larger organizational and company goals.
- Work closely with the Product leadership to prioritize work and structure the team in a way that enables us to move quickly, with high impact.
About the right team member
You love helping other managers and leaders grow into the best versions of themselves. You believe in bottom-up leadership and helping teams move quickly and with quality by giving them ownership of their roadmaps. You have a strong technical vision and can help guide teams and organizational structure over the long term but aren’t afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting down in the weeds on a technical challenge – even if that means writing code from time to time. You care about the entire organization and work to improve it over time, whether it’s directly within your purview or not.
You’re excited to jump into wherever your impact will be the highest - whether that’s recruiting, coaching, setting technical vision, or doing data analysis, and you prefer to bias for action rather than wait around for the perfect solution. You know the best software is created through collaboration, experimentation and iteration and you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience.
You'll thrive in this role with experience in
- 5+ years of experience managing teams and at least 3+ years of experience managing managers.
- Experience working within a distributed + remote organization, with strong written communication skills and comfort with modern collaboration platforms.
- Hands-on leader, comfortable working at all levels of the organization. Able to describe the problem and vision, along with the expertise to dive into minute details.
- 10+ years of software development experience, including experience in building products at scale.
- Experience in an organizational structure that emphasizes cross-functional, autonomous teams.
- Strong sense of consumer focus and desire to ship high-quality features to our users quickly.
Technologies you'll be working with
- Experience with a microservices architecture.
- Experience with scaling systems.
- Thorough experience with backend and frontend development.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.